Question about my mill.
Sounds like you've made some good progress. Make sure the gibs on the Z axis are tight as well, as that can contribute to movement as the table travels from one extreme to the other.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom. Yep I adjusted Z axis also. While cranking up or down the table had a very slight wobble on the X axis. it does not now and I attribute that to the adjustment of of the Z axis gib. All in all she is in a bit better shape than she has been.
Thanks given by:
More pics may help so we can get some ideas as to just how your mill is assembled.
Thanks given by:
Will do Dr. Stan. I have just been tied up on several outside projects getting ready for our Michigan winter. Should have some time tomorrow for some pics though.
Thanks given by:
FWIW I experienced "Y" misalignment about 15 years ago with a NEW vertical mill !  The solution, as proposed by Tom in post #3, was to carefully shim the joint between head and column (my vertical mill is of similar construction to yours).

Personally, like those who rebuild old autos, I think that getting old iron up and running is part of the satisfaction of this hobby, LOL  Blush
Thanks given by:
There is no joint between the head and column on my mill. One solid casting from base to top.
Thanks given by: