Anyone knowledgeable on air compressors?
Thanks guys. My situation is probably somewhat unusual so a little more detail may be in order.

I'm a little bit restricted as to what I can do with the installation of a new compressor. The location of my "shop" is in a garage stall at my office building. The added size of an enclosure (an extra 6" - 8") would be difficult to deal with, as it is I have to scoot it around at times to make room. Venting would be another issue all together. Putting an enclosure outside just isn't in the cards for a number of reasons. I already have an hvac unit next to the garage and I'd have to use up a parking stall to put the compressor in and I can't afford to lose a stall (darn government regs). Then there is the possibility of theft and or vandalism. The situation is far from ideal but that is what I have.

Now, I refer to my old compressor as the "time bomb" because it's now about 35-40 years old and the tank has never been drained or checked. (Not all my fault as I've only been using it for a couple of years now.) I expect the tank may not be as structurally sound enough to bet my life on it. I don't want to think what would happen if it decided to let go in such a confined space. Likewise the pump hasn't seen much love over the years.

Add all this to the fact that it only sort of keeps up with my air needs makes a better compressor worth looking in to.

I don't really need a lot of air for general shop use but I do need enough to feed a small sand blaster and paint gun plus I would like to have extra capacity in case my needs increase.

Best regards

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone knowledgeable on air compressors? - by ScrapMetal - 10-09-2017, 02:42 AM