Help SETTING FOR FINE FEED
Hi Guys
This Q has taken much courage to post. Answer is obvious to most. But it has to be done.
Which setting would I use to achieve the Slowest Finest Feed for Finish Turning ???
Am currently using LCT1Z
Will attach pics of the whole face and the Three Thread Charts.  Really hope these would be legible here.
TIA
ATB and  LORD Bless
aRM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I feel like its a trick question, but if I'm reading it correctly I'd say LCT1W (0.050mm/rev)

Steve
Thanks given by: aRM
That makes sense to me as well, although I'm not sure what "KEEP HALF NUTS ENGAGRD" means.  Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Ditto - LCT1W
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Hi Guys
NO tricks. Only treats.
And if U a Full Nut, then U have to be "On Guard", Not Engaged. U must be married. Otherwise, stay enraged. Oh well. Dis Englez by another tongue.
Yes. U Guys are all correct. However, no matter how hard I tried, just could not Engage on any of the LCT1-8W Settings. Tried even fiddling with the Lead Screw, No Dice. Seemed like there was nothing in "W" Engagement. Another kind Gent on the other Forum sent me a Grizzly Catalogue of the exact same machine, albeit with very few minor differences. What a nice comprehensive detailed well explained printing. World of a difference compared to mine. He suggested changing some Gear,(really don't know much about those complications) Problem is U GUys have imperial Leadscrews whilst we have Metric. Don't know if I will bugger up the Thread Cutting pitches by installing One of the Gears supplied with the Machine. Need to count them Teeth and see which Numbers he specified. And see if that will get the "W" Setting to Engage, before we get Enraged !!!
Must say U still got a good eye, Tom. :-)
Regret hanging my snakes here.
Do really appreciate the informality and the kind responses. Thanks a zillion again.
Warm regards
ATB
aRM
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2017, 04:26 AM)aRM Wrote: This Q has taken much courage to post. Answer is obvious to most. But it has to be done.

Don't ever worry about posting any question at all. We all started with no knowledge whatsoever. We don't allow bashing of people because of questions asked.

Ed
I can't imagine how changing the external change gears would have any affect on allowing you to engage the W setting. Having an internal gear not engage would indicate an internal problem. I'd remove whatever cover is necessary to see the internals and determine the problem.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2017, 08:36 AM)TomG Wrote: That makes sense to me as well, although I'm not sure what "KEEP HALF NUTS ENGAGRD" means.  Big Grin

Tom

"Beer O'clock" on the silkscreen factory time clock that day? 5176
Willie
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2017, 09:53 PM)f350ca Wrote: I can't imagine how changing the external change gears would have any affect on allowing you to engage the W setting. Having an internal gear not engage would indicate an internal problem. I'd remove whatever cover is necessary to see the internals and determine the problem.

I was really trying to avoid having to go that route, and hoped that U Guys would also agree on the Gear change, seeing I know zilch, zero about Mechanics, repairs or the like. Now it's the inevitable and has to be done as I also could not get the Numbered long Lever to engage for 1.5mm Threads. Will try opening "Covers" and searching for something amiss.
Thanks for the direction.
Much appreciated
aRM
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2017, 06:18 PM)EdK Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 04:26 AM)aRM Wrote: This Q has taken much courage to post. Answer is obvious to most. But it has to be done.

Don't ever worry about posting any question at all. We all started with no knowledge whatsoever. We don't allow bashing of people because of questions asked.

Ed

Hello Ed
This is comforting and reassuring. Just that we've got a long ways to go in this business.
Thanks a stack
ATB
aRM
Thanks given by: