MSC heads up
Need collets this looks interesting ?

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/detail...drsrh=true

Not bad I'd say ...

Greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
That is the same set I bought from Enco when I bought my mill. Interstate is a Chinese product. Surprisingly they work pretty well for someone just starting out. A few rough spots here and there (threads and key ways) but the run-out on them (mine at least) is decent.

I have slowly been replacing them with Lyndex collets though. Quite a step up in quality compared to the Interstate collects.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Good to know, I was not expecting tight tolerances, but reasonable & usable. I will apply your knowledge and inspect the product when received. Find them crap they will go back.

Somehow I've acquired  mills that need the smaller sizes in the set.  Just a fill in for now, generally use 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 tooling.

I noticed your collets are sold by Travelers, just purchased an end mill and sending a couple in for sharping. Reading the website they have and own their tool manufacturing facility here in the good old USA.... that's different hope that = quality ...

Thanks for the insight,

Greg

Thanks given by:
Got the collet set, 1/16 - 7/8, 1/16 increments. Has a collet tray, made to be mounted on an outside corner.
Thinking about a hing mount type. Will work on that after I finish the tungsten electrode grinder I'm currently working on.

100.$$ off original selling price

Thanks given by:
Actually I think they were made to fit on the turret of a Bridgeport mill.

[Image: 2002_Original_Bridgeport_Series_I_Vertic...09_kli.jpg]

Of course the turret on my mill is a slightly different radius than a Bridgeport, so mine didn't fit on my mill. The mounting 'ears' don't mate up flush. I ended up buying a few of the 'lazy susan' holders and mounting them on the side of some shelving next to my mill. I love 'em! Nice and compact. I loaded one with all the most used sized collects and the others with the in-between and odd-ball size collects I use for twist drills etc.

[Image: 5PZP0_AS02?$mdmain$]
Willie
Thanks given by: