Shop Microscope
I was tired of trying to keep my 'other' USB scope steady enough to be usable. The plastic stand it comes with is absolutely useless. It weighs 1/3 of the scope itself and falls over constantly. I finally got to the point where I was using it hand held, which has it's own set of problems. And there is no good way to attach it to another stand without it being in the way of the focus ring in the center of the body. The shame is it takes excellent pictures for a $15 Chinese tool as long as you can hold it still and pointed in the right direction.
[Image: $_35.JPG?set_id=2]

I've only played with the AmScope a little bit so far but I do like it a lot. It's nice to have a lot of room under the objective lens to work with. The Barlow lenses I have will give me a range of around zero to 11 inches I think. Plenty of space to get a soldering iron under for working on printed circuit boards etc., or getting close in on a lathe bit or end mill to get a good look at the cutting edge. And I can get my hammer and sear jigs under it too.   Smile

This will come in handy for me, especially the next time I get one of those microscopic steel slivers that you can't see stuck in a finger - but can definitely feel!  

As an added bonus, the reducing lens for the camera I got is a "C" mount which means I can also use the Sony CCD camera module that Ed gave me awhile back that I have been using with my borescope. I couldn't get one of AmScope's higher end cameras because my laptops are too old and don't have the processing power needed. But the Sony should work great with a monitor.
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Shop Microscope - by Highpower - 12-29-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Shop Microscope - by EdK - 12-29-2017, 09:45 AM
RE: Shop Microscope - by TomG - 12-29-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Shop Microscope - by Highpower - 12-29-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: Shop Microscope - by EdK - 12-29-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: Shop Microscope - by Highpower - 12-29-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Shop Microscope - by Highpower - 12-15-2019, 01:19 AM