AllIndustrial.com
Thumbs Down 
Angry

I saw this outfit had one of those infamous "up to" 45% off sales last week and decided to give them a try. It took several attempts to put in a small on-line order. I only wanted two items and the cart would only hold one. I put in the second item and the first disappeared. Then I tried adding the first item again and the second item disappeared. Rinse and repeat.

It finally took both items and I saw I got a whopping 10% off of my order.
2 pairs of 1-2-3 blocks (w/o holes) and an 8" left hand digital caliper. I'm tired of fighting my right hand calipers on the lathe and the blocks will just be used as spacers on the mill and in the vice. The vast majority of their stuff is at the low end of the import scale from what I can see.

I chose UPS Ground shipping ($14.22) because of all the problems I have with the USPS. When I was done I received an order confirmation email showing all of that, just like I ordered.

This morning I get an email saying my order has been "fulfilled". It shows the 2 pairs of 1-2-3 blocks and the price for them alone and nothing else. At the bottom of the email it gives me a USPS first class mail tracking number!

I immediately replied to them (twice actually) because I missed the first class mail shipping the first time. Have not received any response from them as of yet. They socked me the full amount for all the items and the UPS Ground shipping though, as I paid through PayPal. And I have a sneaking suspicion that IF they do send the calipers, they will be 6" and not the 8" as described.

We'll see what becomes of it. Start the Jeopardy music.... Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Highpower......... never knew there were LH calipers .......

Second dumb question, is that typically an option sold by all manufactures?
Greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2018, 03:24 PM)pepi Wrote: Second dumb question, is that typically an option sold by all manufactures?
Greg

Not that I am aware of Greg. Mitutoyo has a metric vernier version but I don't think the lefties are a common option among the big name brands.

Most of my work on the lathe usually involves shorter length parts, and the carriage / tool post is always in the way of getting a good look at the display on my calipers. Getting a half-way accurate measurement is hard enough for me at the bench, much less when contorting my right arm and neck while hanging over the lathe bed / carriage / tail stock & center to be able to see the reading.   Blush

Of course these are not to be confused with the left handed board stretchers found in high school wood shop classes.   Rolleyes Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
In high school I used that left handed stretcher a lot. The right hand one didn't get much use by anyone tho. Then in metal shop I discovered Add-A-Thou. That stuff came in handy! Just spray it on...
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Actually I would love to have a metalizing gun! Drool
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2018, 04:04 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 03:24 PM)pepi Wrote: Second dumb question, is that typically an option sold by all manufactures?
Greg

Not that I am aware of Greg. Mitutoyo has a metric vernier version but I don't think the lefties are a common option among the big name brands.

Most of my work on the lathe usually involves shorter length parts, and the carriage / tool post is always in the way of getting a good look at the display on my calipers. Getting a half-way accurate measurement is hard enough for me at the bench, much less when contorting my right arm and neck while hanging over the lathe bed / carriage / tail stock & center to be able to see the reading.   Blush

Of course these are not to be confused with the left handed board stretchers found in high school wood shop classes.   Rolleyes   Rotfl

Yeah, I looked around after I asked the question, found maybe one manufacture, and it did not look all that great, ruff.

I have the same problem with taking and reading, measurements. One would think a lefty model is a no brainier for the lathe.

Never took wood shop, so missed out on learning the fine art of working the LH board stretcher.

@ Vinny,

As mentioned did try out a LH board stretcher.

But I can tell you this, it's more difficult to tie 50 feet of chow line around a 50 gallon barrel of prop-wash and move it.

Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2018, 11:07 PM)Vinny Wrote: In high school I used that left handed stretcher a lot.  The right hand one didn't get much use by anyone tho.  Then in metal shop I discovered Add-A-Thou.  That stuff came in handy!  Just spray it on...

When I taught at the vo-tech we had an all purpose metal, board & brick stretcher.  Of course it was apart and scattered in the different programs.  Had one student looking for it for about 2 hrs 45 min.   Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well I knew the mail had arrived today when I heard it hit the concrete step at my front door. Small postal flat rate box that had one of the ends blown out of it, and a couple of 1-2-3 blocks hanging out of it. Four solid steel blocks (no holes) sliding back and forth inside a thin cardboard box with nothing to restrain them. Got a nice 1/4" gash in the end of one of the blocks. Go figure.
The pink stuff is the usual import tissue paper wrapping and what looks like knurling is actually just clumps of that good ole Chinese Cosmoline.

No calipers as I expected. I never did get a reply from them via email so I had to call them on the phone. I'm told the calipers will get shipped today, and they will give me a partial refund of the shipping fee I paid for UPS Ground which tells me the calipers will go in the mail as well. And I had them verify (verbally) they will be sending an 8" LH caliper. "Yes."

I'm not betting on it though.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Just got the Grizzly wish book, they sell an 8" LH caliper about 50.

Thanks given by:
Those LH calipers are digital, forgot that..

Thanks given by: