AllIndustrial.com
An update:

I got a UPS shipping notice saying I have a package coming All Industrial Tool Supply.
However the UPS notice also shows this -
Quote:Invoice Number:   Coming from Travers

I checked the tracking info and found this package is coming from somewhere else. So out of curiosity I Googled All industrial's location. With a name like ALL INDUSTRIAL I envisioned a huge complex like MSC or McMaster-Carr. I was shocked to discover that they are located in a tiny little strip mall, and they are no bigger than the Harbor Freight stores around here. So my best guess is that they didn't have any of their own All Industrial 'brand' calipers in stock and just sent me the 1-2-3 blocks and decided not to tell me about it.

After contacting them for the second time it appears they are now having Travers Tool drop ship one of TTC's calipers to me instead. It still bothers me that they never contacted me about any of it and ignored my first two emails to them. I figured that since the calipers have now been shipped via UPS like I requested in the first place, I would never see the partial refund they promised me. I thought if I get the correct calipers and they function correctly it would be good enough. To their credit I did get a refund notice from the bank today for part of the shipping cost. The calipers are scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday of this week.

Yesterday I unwrapped all of the 1-2-3 blocks and cleaned off all the schmoo ©(AvE) then found several more corner dings and raised bumps on the flats. Spent a little time lapping all the surfaces on a Norton 240 grit bench stone to remove the high spots. These blocks are DEAD SOFT. I expected that and only planned on using them as non-critical filler / spacer blocks anyway.
Willie
Thanks given by:
I got the calipers today. TTC # 57-016-388

Pulled them out of the envelope they were shipped in and opened up the case. First observation - the right side hinge on the case is broken.

Second observation - digital display won't turn on. Battery is completely dead. Find a small card behind the sheet of paper that is the 'manual'. Look for the 'new' battery - none to be found anywhere.

Third observation - two different pages on the Travers web site describe the 8" calipers as having a thumb wheel (which is my preference) and the picture on the cover of the 'manual' shows a thumb wheel.
https://www.travers.com/left-hand-electr...tname=SITE
https://www.travers.com/left-hand-digita...7-016-388/

No more All Industrial for me!  Sadno
Willie
Thanks given by: