Inductive heater
I've wanted one of these since they first appeared on the scene a couple of decades ago but the cost back then for just the basic unit was out of my league. (~ $1,000)   Yikes

Now they have come out with a "new and improved" model to replace the original one. In looking at the new "Venom" version I wasn't impressed with the changes they made that comes with a higher price tag. The good news is that the cost of the original style has come down considerably so I finally took the plunge. I found the basic unit AND extra coil kit at 1/2 of the original cost for the basic unit alone. I think I'm going to like it.   Smile

Willie
Thanks given by:
Ok, which one of us is moving so we're neighbours. Those are cool, or hot I guess, but still out of my price range.
Howdy neighbour, can I borrow your ?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I have a nephew that has one, not sure if the one he has is the same as the one shown in the photo, I know it didn't take long to heat a upper control arm nut to red hot.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I installed the short coil on it that comes in the basic kit, just to test it and make sure it was working. There is an old coffee can sitting on my basement floor that has several 1/2" lag bolts about a foot long sticking out of the top of it. I just reached down and slipped the coil over the end of one bolt and pushed the power button. By the time I got to 'Twenty-Mississippi' the bolt was the same shade of red as what's in your avatar David. Me likey!

Looking forward to trying out the flexible "Bearing Buddy" cable on something bigger too. Could have used this many times in the past when I had to use the big blue smoke wrench (all I had) in some sketchy conditions. Sweat
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2018, 05:33 PM)f350ca Wrote: Ok, which one of us is moving so we're neighbours. Those are cool, or hot I guess, but still out of my price range.
Howdy neighbour, can I borrow your ?

I pretty sure I'm the one that will have to move North Greg. You have great neighbors that provide you with all kinds of good stuff! The only thing I get from my neighbors is trouble. Bleh

Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Seen this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25A-ZVS-Inducti...SwiBJaQcTm

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

$33

Robert
"but will it work when I get it back together?"  - Me
Thanks given by:
Yep. I bought one a year or two back. Fun to play with, but bulky having to deal with a separate power supply and cooling system. Nowhere near as easy to wield as the compact unit I can hold in one hand. Getting in and out of tight spots with it was a big draw for me. Trying to stuff the Chinese rig down between the engine and the body of my car to free up a frozen timing belt tensioner nut wasn't going to happen like I thought as it turns out.
Willie
Thanks given by:
the bolt on my pickup that my nephew used his on, I still had to cut it out of the control arm with a sawzall
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Got it. Just thought it was interesting at the price.
Robert
"but will it work when I get it back together?"  - Me
Thanks given by:
I may order one, would be great for heat treating. Whats the pump do, circulate water through the coil?
If nothing else a neat toy, another one to add to the winning list.
What would I need for a power supply?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: