Grizzly G0602 VFD conversion
(01-24-2018, 11:54 AM)sun20ma Wrote: can anyone tell me the parameters     I AM LOST WITH THE SOFTWARE    Grizzly lathe G0602 with a Automation Direct GS2-11PO only using it's keypad with a Leeson 192051 1800rpm 3 ph 230v

P0.00 = 240
P0.01 = 3.2
P0.02 = 60
P0.03 = 1800
P0.04 = 1800

Those should get the motor running. Every parameter is described in your owners manual. You need to learn how to do this on your own NOW because you will need to be able to make changes as needed later on too. As was mentioned previously we aren't trying to be mean but we can't hold your hand every step of the way. We try to help with problems if we can but we can't do it all for you. We have our own problems to deal with too and can't spend ALL our time at the keyboard. Even though it seems that way at times. Rotfl

Give it your best effort and if it isn't working find someone locally who can help you with hands-on. We can only do so much from our end. Smiley-signs003
Willie
Thanks given by:
(01-24-2018, 02:18 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 11:54 AM)sun20ma Wrote: can anyone tell me the parameters     I AM LOST WITH THE SOFTWARE    Grizzly lathe G0602 with a Automation Direct GS2-11PO only using it's keypad with a Leeson 192051 1800rpm 3 ph 230v

P0.00 = 240
P0.01 = 3.2
P0.02 = 60
P0.03 = 1800
P0.04 = 1800

Those should get the motor running. Every parameter is described in your owners manual. You need to learn how to do this on your own NOW because you will need to be able to make changes as needed later on too. As was mentioned previously we aren't trying to be mean but we can't hold your hand every step of the way. We try to help with problems if we can but we can't do it all for you. We have our own problems to deal with too and can't spend ALL our time at the keyboard. Even though it seems that way at times.   Rotfl

Give it your best effort and if it isn't working find someone locally who can help you with hands-on. We can only do so much from our end.   Smiley-signs003
Thanks got the message loud and clear
Thanks given by:
Highpower,

Steve,
I'll bet the motor sounded funny too right? But it did TURN on it's own? That is baby step #1.
Baby step #2 is turn the frequency up and down to see if the speed changes as it should.
Baby step #3 is to put a light load on the shaft (I used a shop towel and my Kung Fu grip © [Image: biggrin.gif] ) to see if it has any torque. If not, you most likely don't have the motor parameters in the VFD set correctly.

No, the motor did not sound funny. Yes it did turn on it's own and would reverse via the VFD controls, and the speed would adjust up & down.
I installed it on the drill press but it wouldn't turn the spindle (which I could easily turn by hand) so I believe my next step would be to
have the motor checked out by a competent shop.
Thanks for the efforts to help. I have mounted another "single phase" motor on the machine for now will adjust the speed via the step pullys.
If I eventually get the 3 phase motor checked and find it is somehow deficient I may search for another 3 phase motor to try.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Steve
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
It's good that you have a plan to follow Steve and can still use the drill press in the mean time. I hope that whatever the issue is turns out to be the least expensive for you at least. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by: