Please help me
Information 
Hello you lovely people,

Really hoping someone might be able to help me. 
Sadly my dear old Dad passed away last year and I am now trying to sort out his garage. He has so much stuff and I don't have a clue what most of it is. He has a Colchester Bantam Lathe (that is unfortunately all I know about it apart from the fact it was working up until he died). I'm going to try and post some photos, if anyone can give me any info on it I would really, really appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance from a daughter who didn't listen when her dad was talking about machinery!
Thanks given by:
Sorry about your father. My kids are prone to having the same problem when I finally pass on. As far as general information goes this link would be a good place to start...

http://www.lathes.co.uk/bantam/

I am sure you'll have more specific questions and your pictures would be of great help in answering them.

Best regards,

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Atta Loss and sorry for your loss. Post away and we'll try to answer any questions you have.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Photo 
Sorry guys, can anyone tell me how to add a photo. Do I have to do it as an attachment? Because when I try to 'insert an image' it wants a URL?
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2018, 10:44 AM)Atta Loss Wrote: Sorry guys, can anyone tell me how to add a photo. Do I have to do it as an attachment? Because when I try to 'insert an image' it wants a URL?

Here you go.

How To Attach Pictures

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thanks EdK, you are a star!  Smiley-computer004
Thanks given by:
Hi Ed, sorry about the delay, poorly kids. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, I've tried to follow the steps to post photo's but I can't seem to get it to work. A couple of the buttons on your screen shots are in a different place on my screen when I followed the steps?
When I just logged back in, I had a message saying the files were too big, but it was just one photo I had taken on my phone? So sorry to be a pain. Do you have any ideas? Could I create a link or something?

Many Thanks
Julie
Thanks given by:
Maximum size of an attachment depends on what type of attachment. .bmp and .gif are limited to 500KB, .png is 1.46MB (no idea how they came up with that number) and .jpg/.jpeg are limited to 2MB.

That said, even if your file is small in size, try to keep the dimensions under 1024 either in height or width. Before I started resizing my images a few folks here in remote parts of the globe and/or with small devices (fones, tablets, ...) complained about it taking a long time to load my images.

Yes you can post links and host them elsewhere, that's what I do but I don't use a photo sharing site. I link to a photo area on my website. To do that, in the compose window there are two rows of buttons at the top. The row that starts with Bold Italic Underline is the one you want. About 2/3 of the way across you'll see a group of 5 buttons. In the middle there is one that looks like a computer screen followed by an envelope, followed by a chain. You want the computer screen. Click that and it'll prompt you for a URL. When you enter it, it will put the code for your line wherever the cursor is in the edit window.

Hope that made sense.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: