HF 90A Welder
If anyone's interested, Harbor Freight is blowing out the 90A welder for $79. No coupon needed.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
No coupon needed... or accepted. Those 20% off coupons are no good toward any welder from HF.

Funny. ChuckECheese just did a video on these from Amazon for $114. And then Amazon raised the price.... Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
That welder has had it's own coupons over the last couple of years. Now they just want them gone. If they don't move fast enough they'll drop the price like they did with the 4x5 lathe a few years ago. I think that was down to $25 or $50, no coupon needed.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've watched them go from $99 down to $89 over the last several years, so $79 is the next logical step I suppose. Have to wonder how many of those things are sitting in their warehouses right now. Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
I have one of the very first versions of this, purchased around 20 years ago. I think I paid about 90 bucks way back then.

It's a pretty basic stick welder. It really needs 220V to be effective. I have used it a couple of times to repair various things, but it lacks the "oomph" to do serious work.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
This particular welder is the 110V 90A Flux/Mig welder.
Thanks given by:
I bought one of these about 6 years ago for $85.  I have used it a few times and it paid for itself just on repairing my utility trailer.  These machines are AC not DC so there is a fair amount of spatter but for a hobbyist like me it is great.  The supply voltage is 120V so you can plug it in just about anywhere.  These welders have 10% duty cycle but I only tripped mine once when welding up some rebar cages for the porch footings.  If you need a little flux core wire welder this one is hard to beat at that price.  Just my 2¢. Popcorn
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2018, 12:43 PM)JScott Wrote: These machines are AC not DC

There's a simple mod floating around the web that converts it to DC.

Ed
Thanks given by:
The specs say this latest model has a 20% duty cycle but that is based on being powered from a 20 amp circuit. Pure marketing B.S. as far as I'm concerned. They know these machines are going to get used plugged into a standard 15 amp household outlet 99% of the time, but they don't want to publish the duty cycle for that.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Ok, I'll bite, what possible difference could the breaker ahead of the machine have to do with it duty cycle?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: