Dipping a toe, in
I have absolutely no need for a 3-D printer. I know nothing about them, nor do I know what I would do with one.

Which one should I buy?
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
Depends on how deep your pockets are. The extrusion types are inexpensive but a bit crude. The laser cured liquid or powder types are expensive but do a great job of accurately reproducing a detailed solid model. Of course all that detail comes at a price. You'll want to pack a lunch and maybe dinner, for while you are waiting for the part.  Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2018, 01:22 PM)wawoodman Wrote: ....... nor do I know what I would do with one.

Spend a lot of money on expensive weed-eater line? Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
I've wanted one for years, but I couldn't justify the expense. Now my nephew has three of them, and they are available to use any time I want.

But I can't think of a single thing I really want to make that would get me to make the 20 minute drive to do it.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2018, 03:29 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 01:22 PM)wawoodman Wrote: ....... nor do I know what I would do with one.

Spend a lot of money on expensive weed-eater line?   Big Grin

But then, I’d have to buy a weed-eater.  Blush
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
Your first 3D printer ... then go big or go home ... https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/07/apis...ted-house/ and http://apis-cor.com/en/.

Note that I have two much smaller 3D printers. Both were kits. One is a Delta and one is a Cartesian. One is finished ... the Cartesian ... the other is not. Made some things to make sure it worked ... like small dogs, Yoda [that is the "Hello World" for 3D printers], etc. ... and then tried to make some things that were useful ... like project boxes for some electronic stuff.

Did not work out as planned. Would print for several hours and then something would go wrong and the part was useless. I am sure if I had spent enough time on it I could have figured it out. Others have and so why can't I. But it was easier to just get something from DigiKey, check the enclosure box off the list and then move on to the real problem.
Thanks given by: