Herless (rebranded Ta Fu Yuan) TFY-618 Surface Grinder
I'd love to be able to answer your question about the spindle taper Steve but I have experience with a grand total of one surface grinder. If you can measure the taper angle of your spindle I'll let you know if it's the same as mine. I take it from your question that you weren't fortunate enough to pick up the balancing tools with the machine. Shouldn't be difficult to make a set of rails- I could fabricate something and grind the tops to get you by (as long as you don't mind waiting a bit, I have time pressures at present), you'll need a precision level to set up the rails, a tool to pull the hub off the spindle is easy to make, but you need the right balancing arbor or tis all in vain. I happen to have one that I picked up with a pile of stuff at a sale a couple of years ago- didn't know exactly what it was at the time- but I think it's for a much larger machine. Certainly much larger than mine anyway.
I also have a diamond dresser you can have, I bought a tangental dresser from the UK last year and I can use that for straight dressing too so you're welcome to the one that came with my grinder, not much diamond left on it though.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Herless (rebranded Ta Fu Yuan) TFY-618 Surface Grinder - by Pete O - 02-21-2018, 06:55 AM