New Lathe Tool On Order
For some unknown reason, I decided I wanted/needed a new lathe tool, I use a MTJNR tool, that uses the TNMG 321/322/323 inserts. There are times I wish I had a smaller version of the same tool.

Welp, while perusing the BangGood site today, There was a smaller version of the MTJNR tool, using the TNMG 1604 size insert, with a 16 mm shank.

Is It perfect, probably not, but it should be better.

The tool and 20 inserts was about $40.

I'll post pictures when it gets here.
jack
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2018, 07:19 PM)the penguin Wrote: For some unknown reason, I decided I wanted/needed a new lathe tool, I use a MTJNR tool, that uses the TNMG 321/322/323 inserts. There are times I wish I had a smaller version of the same tool.

Welp, while perusing the BangGood site today, There was a smaller version of the MTJNR tool, using the TNMG 1604 size insert, with a 16 mm shank.

Is It perfect, probably not, but it should be better.

The tool and 20 inserts was about $40.

I'll post pictures when it gets here.

Jack,

Do you have a link to the tool?

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed,

having a hard time with link, iPad.

go to banggood site, go to search, type in mtjnr1616h16 and the tool is about $10

type in TNMGN 160404 and the inserts are about $15 for 10, I bought 2 sets

or go to search type in lathe tools metal turning and read to your hearts content, or type mill tooling
jack
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2018, 06:44 PM)the penguin Wrote: Ed,

having a hard time with link, iPad.

go to banggood site, go to search, type in mtjnr1616h16 and the tool is about $10

type in TNMGN 160404 and the inserts are about $15 for 10, I bought 2 sets

or go to search type in lathe tools metal turning and read to your hearts content, or type mill tooling

Found it.

https://www.banggood.com/search/mtjnr1616h16.html

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed,

thank you, manipulating an iPad, is a hell of a lot harder than a windows based or mac computer, the iPad uses roughly the same software as an iPhone. Copy and paste is more complex, at times almost seemingly impossible.

The 3 previous lathe tools, I got through BangGood, were great, hopefully this will be the same.
jack
Thanks given by:
Yea, tablets are useful but they sure aren't a substitute for a real computer.
For the most part, I've had really good luck with the stuff I've ordered from Bangood.

Ed
Thanks given by: