Tool Restorations
Metal working and related tools have been a life long interest since I was young and my Dad bought me my first restoration project. It was a Rockwell bench model drill press purchased at a neighbour's garage sale. Fifty some years later, and I still have the drill press, which started my continuing search for other tools and machinery.

I like working with nice tools, and occasionally I still find a quality item at a bargain price which just needs a little TLC to make it like new again. So, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread to see what others have fixed up and restored.

I'll start, with a Swinden's vice which was uncared for and suffered some superficial abuse, but was actually in very good condition. After a strip and degreasing, I ground and belt sanded the welding warts away and a quick paint job got it back into service looking good as new.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
Nice job :)

If you like Swindens vices there is a chap calling himself Screwdriver on the Mig Welding Forum who has restored several of them.

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by: Mike E.
Very nice.  Thumbsup
Those are good vises. I have one just like it, minus the paint and the welds.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
(07-30-2018, 04:39 PM)awemawson Wrote: Nice job :)

If you like Swindens vices there is a chap calling himself Screwdriver on the Mig Welding Forum who has restored several of them.

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/

Thanks, I follow that forum too. They have a great thread just about vises/vices for us " vise-a-holics ".
Mike
Thanks given by:
It's always nice to see something brought back into service like your vise. Looks great!!