need help on thread/gear change settings.
[attachment=15884][attachment=15885]Ok, please bear with me.
Bought a Chinese lathe from the bay! Rotfl
It's not too bad me thinks, and after some messing about by me I can get it to turn steel 350mm long down to less than 1/2 a thou...…….. over said length, to say I'm pleased is the understatement of the year! (think canine with two willies!!!) Smiley-signs107
My problem is I never got a manual with feed rates etc from the company I bought it from!
So if I can supply the gears, can anyone supply the feed rate gear settings?
I emailed the company I purchased the lathe from about feed rates, and got told "bigger gears mean smaller feeds"...…..Yeah, right f-in really helpful!!!
It's a lot to ask, but, if you don't ask, you don't get!

So.…..Headstock gear is fixed 56T,  then looking at pic, A/B C/D (E/F leadscrew)
I have 84T, 80T(x3), 72T, 60T, 52T, 50T, 40T, 33T, 20T gears.
Leadscrew is 16mm x 2mm pitch.

Seriously, any help will be mega helpful! 

Pic included if that helps any?
(1st pic needs rotating right by 90 deg.)

In the first picture gears are...…………56T headstock, (A)80/(B)33T,  (C.)20/(D)80T, 84T leadscrew....feedrate is not known to me!  Bash

Cheers in advance peeps!

Roy.
Light travels faster than sound!
This is why some people appear bright until they open their mouth!
Preserve nature...…….Pickle a squirrel! 
Thanks given by:
Not sure if this works or not but I searched Google and came up with this manual for a WM-210v lathe which looks similar to yours

Harold
Thanks given by:
Its almost identical apart from the headstock gear is only 40T, this is very similar to the manual supplied with my lathe, its fitted with a 56T headstock gear so I haven't a clue on feed rate settings!
Thanks though Harold, tis appreciated matey. Thumbsup 

ATB.

Roy.
Thanks given by:
In your pic on the Show Me Your Lathe thread, isn't that the thread chart on the wall behind your lathe?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2018, 04:22 PM)Vinny Wrote: In your pic on the Show Me Your Lathe thread, isn't that the thread chart on the wall behind your lathe?

Yes it is Vinny, works very well for threads(well the ones I have tried so far that is)...…...it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard for turning feed rates though mate!
Which is what I'm after.
Or am I thinking outside/around/peeking in the box! Big Grin…….I could be wrong, I am a newbie! 

Cheers.

Roy.
Thanks given by:
Got a dial indicator? Put it against the carriage and see how far it moves per revolution. Alternately you could calculate the gear train. That's not hard to do, but I don't remember off the top of my head how.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2018, 08:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: Alternately you could calculate the gear train.  That's not hard to do, but I don't remember off the top of my head how.

It's simply calculating ratios using the number of teeth on each gear.  Simple, but tedious.  Wonder if one could use a spread sheet to create a formula and just plug in the numbers?
Thanks given by:
I wrote a program years ago to calculate the change gears needed for the mini-lathes (7x and 8x) but they have fewer gears than this does. A spreadsheet should be more than possible.
Thanks given by:
There are web sites that offer calculators for this, such as this one:

http://bilar.co.uk/cgi-bin/change-gear-calculator.pl

I just Googled "change gear calculator".
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Tried Vinnys method using a dial gauge and it's currently set @ 0.008 per revolution, used a metric dti so I assume its in .mm but it could be thous!! Rotfl  anyways Bash 

Cheers.

Roy.
Thanks given by: