Gates 5m375 polyflex belts.
Just a quick one for our pals over the pond in the US.
How much are said Gates belts in the US?
Just thinking, if the price(s) are right could a US member on here buy and post to the UK...…….you can see where I am going with this can't you! Thumbsup 
Obviously, it would entail me paying first, not an issue...……...I'm just curious as the prices in the UK seem extremely high.

Thanks in advance peeps! Smiley-eatdrink004 

Cheers.

Roy.
Light travels faster than sound!
This is why some people appear bright until they open their mouth!
Preserve nature...…….Pickle a squirrel! 
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2018, 04:15 PM)Swarf_Newbie Wrote: Just a quick one for our pals over the pond in the US.
How much are said Gates belts in the US?
Just thinking, if the price(s) are right could a US member on here buy and post to the UK...…….you can see where I am going with this can't you! Thumbsup 
Obviously, it would entail me paying first, not an issue...……...I'm just curious as the prices in the UK seem extremely high.

Thanks in advance peeps! Smiley-eatdrink004 

Cheers.

Roy.

It's available from Amazon for $12.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Gates-5M375-Polyf...B00CJLQTSU

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yep...….£9.94 a belt...ouch!!! plus post.

Anyone else?   Smile 

Cheers.

Roy.
Thanks given by:
Be happy to do it but finding inexpensive belts seems to be a challenge. I did a quick search and about the cheapest was about $8.50. However the vendor had a $10 minimum order so you would have to buy two. Plus it was a special order item so the wait would be 5 - 7 days before the belts would be available to be shipped to me. Shipping to my house would add $4.50 via US Post [cheapest but slowest] so you are now at about $21.50 for two plus the shipping to Liverpool ... and it assumes you are not in a hurry!

It seems like it is not a very popular item so the initial per belt cost is pretty high everywhere in the world even thought it is just a small belt.
Thanks given by:
Initially I couldn't find a belt for the vertical head of my milling machine, then found the correct one at a " Farm Supply store"; the cost was $4.99 , cheaper for sure.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Looks like the search continues then! 
Cheers arvidj will keep you in mind. Thumbsup

Cheers.

Roy.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried an automotive parts supply store?
Thanks given by:
I didn't look it up, but from my time in maintenance , isn't that a toothed belt ? What is it on.?
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2018, 10:42 AM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: I didn't look it up, but from my time in maintenance , isn't that a toothed belt ? What is it on.?

It is a V-belt but it has a ribbed top so it gives the impression that it is a timing belt that is inside out Smile .

Not sure what he was going to use it on but it is Grizzly part number P0768007 and that seems to fits their smaller [8x12 and 8x20] lathes and maybe some of their smaller [X2 style] mills.
Thanks given by:
Back when I had to write exams, L and M were toothed belts. I was thinking about adding a gearhead lift to my RF-45 mill/drill, a toothed belt drive would be more elegant . I looked up belts, there were a lot of sizes and styles. Sprocket and chain it is.
Thanks given by: