Quick Question Thread
What are import fees and procedures like over there? Check out the LaserEverything Buying Guide. https://lasereverything.net/buyingguide/
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: Dr Stan
All the tools I shipped to the Philippines were duty free as they are classified as tradesman tools.
Thanks given by:
What are you planning to do with it? If you're just talking about cutting and/or engraving wood, acrylic, glass, leather/leatherette and things like that, you're probably looking for a CO2. The only other type that would fit your table dimensions would be a diode laser but you're not going to get near 100 watts with that (some will advertise 80-100 or more watt diode, but in reality that's DC input, actual optical output for an 80 watt is around 10 watts). Fiber lasers will get that power, but the table will be smaller unless you rig something up. Again I would suggest the aforementioned buying guide. A CO2 laser that size will run anywhere from 2000-6000 USD. You'll also need a chiller (don't get the CW3000, it's not really a chiller), compressor for air assist and an exhaust. You'll also want passthru so you can put an even larger piece of material in it. If your environment is harsh (humid, salty, etc.) you'll want to control that. If it gets below freezing, you'll want to control that too or get a heater for the chiller and/or run a type of antifreeze in it.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
Looks like this one will fit my needs/wants and budget Ortur LM3 Laser Engraving & Cutting Machine
Thanks given by:
It will cut some wood 6mm or less thick. Will remove the anodized finish on aluminum. I have an Ortur Aufero and I upgraded the laser to a 10W Optical (they call it an 80 watt). Make sure you get good air assist, not one of those aquarium pumps some mfgrs push, I use shop air with a water separator. That is a far cry from the 100 watts you were originally asking about.
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2019, 11:36 PM)Clifford B. Wrote: Hey Doc. do you remember the 3M system ??
It went hand in hand with the PMS.
MRFA C.Brewer USS Ajax     79-81

Sorry for the delay. I do remember using it, but no longer remember the details.
Thanks given by: