Bending Iron
Look who's talking. Big Grin
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Finished the thing up today and ran it up to 450ºF with no trouble. Since the chassis is all metal, I tossed the two conductor cord and opted for one with a ground. I was playing around with some of the settings on the PID and it's amazing how well it works for a $20 controller. Once stabilized, it held the set temp within a degree.

Tom

[Image: 20190310_202003.jpg]

[Image: 20190310_201447.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I use one of those controllers in my curing oven. Same result +/- one degree, and my heating element is a light bulb!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I used a lot of PID's and PLC's where I used to work and they sure are handy tools. I've been thinking about building a PLC based coffee maker for fun. Something completely automated with lots of user input to vary things like quantities of coffee and water, temperatures, coarseness of grind, etc.. Sort of like a robo-barrister. Big Grin 

Tom
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2019, 03:56 PM)TomG Wrote: I used a lot of PID's and PLC's where I used to work and they sure are handy tools. I've been thinking about building a PLC based coffee maker for fun. Something completely automated with lots of user input to vary things like quantities of coffee and water, temperatures, coarseness of grind, etc.. Sort of like a robo-barrister. Big Grin 

Tom

You've got way too much time on your hands. Smiley-gen163
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2019, 06:51 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: You've got way too much time on your hands. Smiley-gen163

Time? Maybe.
Idle time? Not a chance. Big Grin
Thanks given by: