Gates 5m375 polyflex belts.
(10-20-2018, 08:10 AM)Swarf_Newbie Wrote: Yep...….£9.94 a belt...ouch!!! plus post.

Anyone else?   Smile 

Cheers.

Roy.

I must ask this for my own sanity ... how is 9 bucks for a belt an ouch ?

If shipping is a grater value than a product I am after, such as this consumable. The chance of it being needed at a later date being pretty good, why not get two ?

What do you honestly think the value of a belt should be ? 

I am just asking, I read this outrage all over regarding prices for different necessities. For tools and such, and people think nothing of spending 1k and 400 a month for a frigging cell phone .... is that not somehow nuts?

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
I thought the same thing. Then again, if you're used to paying a certain price for something, and the model/size you want is multiple times that, it's an "ouch" regardless of actual cost.

I often tell people that the yardstick for measuring whether you're old or not is how outraged you get at the prices of things you've bought in the past.
"Whada ya mean wiper blades are $20? I used to buy them for 2 bucks!"
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2018, 09:07 AM)pepi Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 08:10 AM)Swarf_Newbie Wrote: Yep...….£9.94 a belt...ouch!!! plus post.

Anyone else?   Smile 

Cheers.

Roy.

I must ask this for my own sanity ... how is 9 bucks for a belt an ouch ? (NOT $9 it works out at around £10 a belt!)

If shipping is a grater value than a product I am after, such as this consumable. The chance of it being needed at a later date being pretty good, why not get two ?

What do you honestly think the value of a belt should be ?  (For the size of the belt, about £5 tops!  Rotfl )
How much do you think a gallon of diesel should be??? ………. it's around $7.5 a gallon over here, totally off topic, but it's Xmas, and I've had more than one beer!

I am just asking, I read this outrage all over regarding prices for different necessities. For tools and such, and people think nothing of spending 1k and 400 a month for a frigging cell phone .... is that not somehow nuts?

Pep
Light travels faster than sound!
This is why some people appear bright until they open their mouth!
Preserve nature...…….Pickle a squirrel! 
Thanks given by:
You pay too much for diesel. Over here it's around $2/gal.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(12-26-2018, 03:21 PM)Vinny Wrote: You pay too much for diesel.  Over here it's around $2/gal.

But that's not an Imperial Gallon. Blush
Thanks given by: