Making a Vacuum Hose Adapter
(05-13-2012, 03:53 PM)EdAK Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 03:41 PM)ETC57 Wrote: Nice job Ed!Thumbsup

Question, cauz I,m too lazy to look it up!!Big Grin

delrin, what is it?Chin ABS.17428

Jerry.Popcorn

Jerry,

Delrin is Dupont's proprietary name for acetal.

http://www2.dupont.com/Plastics/en_US/Pr...elrin.html

Ed
a nuther job well dun
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Ed, where's your Stanley "Sureform"? rasp? that'll whack it down so's your sander won't get all loaded up.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2012, 04:49 PM)stevec Wrote: Ed, where's your Stanley "Sureform"? rasp? that'll whack it down so's your sander won't get all loaded up.

Steve,

Good point. I don't have the rasp but I do have a Sureform block plane. I'll have to dig that out since it will make the job go quicker. Thanks for the suggestion. 6799

Ed
Thanks given by:
Huh? You mean you didn't want to drive around to a dozen different hardware stores looking for an adapter that fit? 17428

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2012, 05:35 PM)Highpower Wrote: Huh? You mean you didn't want to drive around to a dozen different hardware stores looking for an adapter that fit? 17428

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Being out in a small town, it would require an all day road trip to drive to just half a dozen hardware stores. Besides, there is likely no adapter commercially available since the hose I will be using is one that came with my Bosch orbital sander and is likely a metric dimensioned item. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, now that I've moved to NS I know what "small town" is like. I call NS "the land of you can't get that here"LOL
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2012, 05:35 PM)Highpower Wrote: Huh? You mean you didn't want to drive around to a dozen different hardware stores looking for an adapter that fit?

Wash your mouth out Willie - why else do we have lathes???
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I couldn't help myself Darren. My middle name is "Facetious". Smile

And obviously the reason we have lathes is so we can make things like Delrin adapters normally made from "unobtainium", that will outlast the life of the tool it is being used on ten-fold. Cool

Oooops.... there I go again. Big Grin

Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
Ed,

If I didn't read the thread, I thought you're showing off your commercially available adapter that works with your vac and sander. Nice looking piece of plastic.

Did you not get all the stringy stuff produced when turning or cutting delrin? It got pretty messy quickly when I was milling my daughter's name on one while testing my cnc setup on the Sherline 2 years back. Lots of sanding to get rid of them.

I would want to make one for my bandsaw.

Regards,
Wong
Wongster
http://www.wongstersproduction.com

Proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2012.
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2012, 06:51 PM)Wongster Wrote: Ed,

If I didn't read the thread, I thought you're showing off your commercially available adapter that works with your vac and sander. Nice looking piece of plastic.

Did you not get all the stringy stuff produced when turning or cutting delrin? It got pretty messy quickly when I was milling my daughter's name on one while testing my cnc setup on the Sherline 2 years back. Lots of sanding to get rid of them.

I would want to make one for my bandsaw.

Regards,
Wong

Wong,

Thanks.

I got some stringy swarf but none that stuck to the work piece so no sanding was required.

Ed
Thanks given by: