drill project
hi all well it depends on the sises of the Morse taper as to what method the drill is fitted i.e the larger the Morse the more likely the drill will be soldered in this applies to reamers to get the taper and wire brush where the drill goes in to the taper you will see a Bede of solder where the two meet and as to haw i new this well its one of the things i had to do when serving me time i had to mack No2 and 3 tapers up and put drills in them but haw i found out that they where made that way from new was by my mentor long sines past a way he was one of those that learned his craft by benign in the job all his life and had more tricks to sort things out than a magician
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi all just a update i had two No1 Morse taper reamers in inch both past their sell by date so i decided to make two new ones out of them a m6 and a m3 problem No1 the smaller of the two was not silver soldered in but brass braised in witch needs a lot More heat than i can provide and both are hardened i had to un harden them both before i started with them the larger one of the two which was a 1/2" wos a sod to do so old Morse taper reamers can be re used but their is a lot more work gos in to them than the Morse taper drills sos no pics of the proses but will post a pic of them dun
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2012, 05:11 PM)krv3000 Wrote: yep it dus where off but it stays in the pitting its from toolstashon ther a bit like scrw fix

I've gotta say Toolstation Rocks,
They aren't always the cheapest but pretty close to it, and they deliver for free overnight for anything over £10 so you don't even have to go there to pick up, and best of all my six year old boy loves their catalogue, they send a new one every month or three, so Junior's always got one, he takes it to bed for night time reading, I think he might have
"The bug"
Slaphead

No really more like;
Woo hoo, my boy's got the Bug.
Smiley-dancenana

Best Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Brings back memories. When I was a young lad my Dad brought home a "Pascal's Hardware" catalogue from his work. They had received a new one so Dad thought I might like the old one.
Well that sucker was 1300 pages or so and had hard covers, it weighed a ton and had everything I was interested in, even some machine tools.
To my mother's dismay the catalogue was the only book I read during the spiral down (report card-wise) of my school years That's how I fed "the bug" until I got old enough to start amassing my my own "inventory" of toys.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: