oxy acetylene torch
Recently the of light of good fortune shined upon me. Was given a completed torch set. Took bout 5 seconds to discover the cart had real problems, 3 major ones... imnshop.

1. The wheel location is to close to the back of the tank platform. When tilted back to move, the clearance from the deck to the rear edge of the platform. Unacceptable at 1 inch or less, depending on the angle of tilt.
2 The whole deal is ridiculously sloppy and flexes ..... real HF quality, today's standard of measurement of crap tools.

The kicker, the guy bought the mess from grainger 30 years ago. That would have been just about time the jap radios and other cheap sh-it started invading America

Junk shot

So it someone may be lucky enough to have one, below is how I solved the problems, last step p&p.

3  Almost forgot, one more nasty little event. Knowing I was going to work over the POS. Removing the tanks, with the regulators. in the storage tray, a striker, and a few odds and ends no real weight. The thing fell backwards and smacked the floor, as the tanks were lifted. Yikes

Just be aware ..

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
That's not unusual for welding carts, mine does the same thing and it was made long before the influx of Chinese garbage. I think the same dude must have designed them all. He must be getting really old by now. Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I attributed the location of the wheels on mine as a compromise between it being an effective two-wheeler hand truck ... which would have them set further back ... to not take up too much space when I push it against the wall ... where it has been for the last 35 years ... which would have them set further forward.

Mine is at least 45 years old and seems to have been made from the same blueprints that Pep's was.
Thanks given by:
(06-24-2019, 08:31 AM)TomG Wrote: That's not unusual for welding carts, mine does the same thing and it was made long before the influx of Chinese garbage. I think the same dude must have designed them all. He must be getting really old by now. Big Grin

Tom

Ditto - except the platform on mine is only half as deep and the wheels are half as small. Bought it from the LWS at the same time I bought my tanks and torches. It been a lot of years and I've even hauled it up and down stairs a number of times but the thing is still holding up. Amazing.
Willie
Thanks given by:
The wheels are mostly decorative, the real problem with the design, is as "arvidj" mentions.

And sure most here understand, is the pivot or fulcrum that intersects with the tank tray. And wheel size  do not allow enough rear or bottom edge clearance. When tilted, @ 45* it struggles to get over an air hose, that's how pathetic the designs is.

Yes the design does go back in time a long way. I believe the original patent was filed by Fred, that would be Mr. Flitstone.

Never let it be said useless designs have no staying power, this one puts that statement to rest.

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by: