Inexpensive Garage Lights
(07-12-2019, 07:07 AM)pepi Wrote: Not sure if we are talking apple too apples, your fixtures have a hood .....?..... that's the reflector....

Guess it is "definition of hood".

I defined this as having a hood ...

And this as not having a hood but does have someplace to attach the chain to ...

But given that the lights have a 120 degree light pattern what ever it is called it is not getting any photons from the LED to redirect.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2019, 09:02 AM)EdK Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 07:07 AM)pepi Wrote: Being cheap is not a sign of pride, it is a sign of desperation.

Really?  Chin

Yup ^

arvidj ,

Here a picture worth a thousand words..

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(07-12-2019, 07:07 AM)pepi Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 08:45 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 09:29 AM)pepi Wrote: Arvid,

My upgrade was to replace the florescent tubes of an every day 4ft fixture. With an led tube, wired around the balliest, leaving it behind.

Pep

I did the same. Removed the ballasts and re-wired the tombstones. You only need one pin connected at each end of the tube. (power & neutral)
The SuperBrightLED tubes have a 5 year warranty.
 ^ Did not know that thanks for saying, not sure I am into tracking warranty for a 6-7 dollar item. I like the company and products, upgraded a 99 truck head, and ditch light with the LEDs they offer recently. Robust assembly, heat sinks and all.

Pep

I wouldn't normally bother with the warranty either but I figured if any tubes fail I'll just store them until my 5 years is almost up and take them in and exchange them. It's only a 15-20 minute drive for me so it might be worth it for a one time trip. I'm already 2 years in and not a single problem with any of them though.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2019, 08:54 PM)pepi Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 09:02 AM)EdK Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 07:07 AM)pepi Wrote: Being cheap is not a sign of pride, it is a sign of desperation.

Really?  Chin

Yup ^

arvidj ,

Here a picture worth a thousand words..

Pep

Thanks for educating me.  Confused
Thanks given by: