3D Printer On Sale
Got this deal via an email from B&H Photo. They have what they call "Daily Deals". On sale for $350, regularly $1500. I'm seriously considering getting one. Sale ends at midnight.

3D Printer

Ed

EDIT: I did a little searching for this printer and Amazon sells it for $403 so not such a good deal. The reviews are not good so I'm going to pass on this. Chin
Thanks given by:
The build volume is rather small and "SmartReel" of filament had me wondering if you need special filament for it.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(08-15-2019, 08:35 AM)EdK Wrote: Got this deal via an email from B&H Photo. They have what they call "Daily Deals". On sale for $350, regularly $1500. I'm seriously considering getting one. Sale ends at midnight.

3D Printer

Ed

EDIT: I did a little searching for this printer and Amazon sells it for $403 so not such a good deal. The reviews are not good so I'm going to pass on this.  Chin

43% one star reviews? Yeah, that's saying something.
Willie
Thanks given by:
43% one star is nearing the total crap rating!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(08-15-2019, 11:29 AM)Vinny Wrote: The build volume is rather small and "SmartReel" of filament had me wondering if you need special filament for it.

From the web page ... "The Robox uses filament wound on proprietary SmartReels ...". Roughly translated that says "Do not buy me".

Yes, it is a pain to dial in different filament as it varies even if it is the same type but from a different vendor. But one you have it set the slicer will allow you to save the settings so not a big deal. The real challenge is coming up with a meaningful name for the file Blush.
Thanks given by: EdK
I recently got a Photon (not the S) and the resins are all different too. However, there's a file you can run, then print a certain file, then run another file (the entire process takes minutes and comes on the flash drive) and it prints you a profile of the resin. You look at the printed part and use the numbers that are printed on it. So far I've tried two different bottles of resin and they both do well with the same numbers.
So what brand of 3D printers are you guys using? I'm considering building my own but haven't made up my mind yet. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(08-15-2019, 11:29 AM)Vinny Wrote: The build volume is rather small

Yea, that kind of stuck out for me also.

Ed
Thanks given by:
My filament printer is a PRUSA-i3 (actually it's a Chinese clone of it) and my resin printer is an Anycubic Photon (not the S). I like the resin printer better, it does small stuff better with more detail, but the resin is nasty. Wearing gloves is highly recommended, even tho I don't. I'm washing my hands constantly when working with it. I'll see if I can find a pic I saw of a tug boat someone did to give you an idea of how it does.
Ok, here ya go.  Some folks in the FB Anycubic group were showing the some of the small things they've done.   Here are a bunch of beer mugs, a wine glass and a wine bottle glued to toothpicks:

And here is a little tugboat on a quarter:

The Photon is going for about $299 right now and is just about ready right out of the box.  All you need to do is level the plate and go.  To level the plate you loosen a setscrew, lower the plate all the way down and tighten the screw.