3D Printer On Sale
This is the first I've heard of the resin curing in your skin, but most folks wear gloves when handling it. I don't, but I'm always washing my hands anyway. I much prefer the quality of resin over filament. There are safer resins available.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: EdK
(08-17-2019, 01:51 PM)arvidj Wrote: The only thing that I ordered extra was the PEI layer that goes on top of the heated bed and a spare PTFE tube.

Arvid,

When you say "spare PTFE tube" do you mean a spare nozzle? I can't find a PTFE tube on their website.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2019, 04:12 PM)EdK Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 01:51 PM)arvidj Wrote: The only thing that I ordered extra was the PEI layer that goes on top of the heated bed and a spare PTFE tube.

Arvid,

When you say "spare PTFE tube" do you mean a spare nozzle? I can't find a PTFE tube on their website.

Ed

No. The policies on their website are weird. You cannot see the parts page until you have placed an order for a printer. Guess they don't want to be a parts house but are willing to support their customers. I'd start a chat and tell them what you want to order and ask them how to go about it such that it is all shipped at once. Or maybe they changed things and they no longer have a PTFE tube between the feed rollers and the hot end.

But you also need to be careful about the order total value and how it fits under customs. I'm sure the person you chat with knows the ropes there also.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2019, 08:11 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:12 PM)EdK Wrote:

Arvid,

Ed

No. The policies on their website are weird. You cannot see the parts page until you have placed an order for a printer. Guess they don't want to be a parts house but are willing to support their customers. I'd start a chat and tell them what you want to order and ask them how to go about it such that it is all shipped at once. Or maybe they changed things and they no longer have a PTFE tube between the feed rollers and the hot end.

But you also need to be careful about the order total value and how it fits under customs. I'm sure the person you chat with knows the ropes there also.

Thanks Arvid. I already ordered the printer and was going to do a second order for the spare parts so as not to go over the $800 limit. I'll just wait until the printer arrives and see if the PTFE tube is still there before I order spare parts.

Ed
Thanks given by:
That was quick. The printer shipped today from Czechoslovakia and will be here Wednesday. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, any updates on the printer? Popcorn
Willie
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2019, 12:18 PM)Highpower Wrote: Ed, any updates on the printer?  Popcorn

Not yet. Been busy with other stuff. Trying to figure out where I'm going to put the 3D printer. Chin
I'm thinking the guest bedroom. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2019, 10:05 PM)EdK Wrote:

Not yet. Been busy with other stuff. Trying to figure out where I'm going to put the 3D printer.  Chin
I'm thinking the guest bedroom.  Thumbsup

Ed

The living room has been my go to spot for years. Rotfl
Thanks given by:
I was thinking the kitchen table!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2019, 10:05 PM)EdK Wrote:
I'm thinking the guest bedroom.  Thumbsup

Ed

I get it. Years ago at my last house I kept my motorcycle (Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD) in the kitchen for awhile until I could put up a storage shed for it in the back yard. Still rode it to work every day though. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by: