Trying to add some attachment points to a plastic cab
Personally I would remove all the old sealing foam, clean up all the surfaces and replace it. Then I would try heating the warped surfaces of the opening with a heat gun and attempt to pull them up to straighten them again.

If you really want to add additional fastening points to the center portion of the cover perhaps a couple of short pieces of flat bar that are drilled and tapped on one end would do. Drill two holes in the cover where needed, insert the screws and then thread the flat bars onto the screws. Use them as a sort of one-sided toggle bolts that would hook under the opening of the cab. Similar to the way a kitchen sink might be attached to a counter top, but upside down.  Big Grin   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCF2QMEs6M

A more severe approach if you want to add more reinforcement under the opening would be to drill out the rivnuts (threaded inserts) in the opening and install longer pieces of flat bar across the underside of the opening. Drill the flat bar to match the holes on the opening and secure it all together with new rivnuts. Problem is, if you don't already have the tooling - threaded inserts are an expensive investment. Been there done that times 2. (Imperial and metric.) I do think trying to use glue in this case would be short lived however.

Hopefully someone else has better ideas. I'm afraid that's about all I can think of.
Smiley-gen163
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to add some attachment points to a plastic cab - by Highpower - 08-26-2019, 12:54 PM