Suggestions on how to form metal piece
I would like to form a piece of metal 3/4" wide x approx. 2 1/4" long x 1/8" thick and was wondering what would be the easiest best way to do it. I attached a hand drawn full scale drawing (except for the metal's thickness) in which I try to show a piece of metal below a piece of plastic. The metal needs to be formed to conform to the plastic's shape. The metal could be aluminum or steel but I understand it shouldn't be too hard.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   Tractor HVAC Cover Attachment Issue 8-3-19(1).pdf (Size: 11.63 KB / Downloads: 19)
Thanks given by:
The least expensive method would be to heat it up and hand form it using an anvil and blacksmithing techniques.  It would also be the least accurate depending on ones smithing skills.

The most accurate, but also time consuming, would be to make a forging die heating up a piece of metal purposely longer than necessary, use a hydraulic press to form the piece then trim the excess.
Thanks given by:
Propane torch and a BFH. Beat it into shape.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
I've formed a lot of brackets like that with just a bench vise and a hammer. If you need a certain radius on the bends, a piece of aluminum with the proper radius sanded on the corner can be clamped against the part at the point of the bend.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: