Cylinder lease question
Well, one hurtle down anyway. I returned the 2 leased cylinders to the LWS today and got a receipt from them without a fight. They have remodeled the place and must have a different manager now. Still, the guy at the counter had to have a whispered huddle with another employee in the corner before giving me a receipt.   Chin

While digging out my original paperwork for the leased cylinders, I actually did find a title for the other cylinder that I purchased from them so I was mistaken on that. In the fine print it says they are the ONLY place ("exclusive") allowed to do refills/exchanges on the cylinder I own, and that I am responsible for all DOT testing as needed. It also says I have to give them first rights to selling the cylinder (back to them.)

The letter they sent to me years later about paying "maintenance" fees says I have to pay them in perpetuity whether I have them tested or not. This is the issue I think I'm going to need to talk to an attorney about. I don't want to have these clowns trying to come after my family for more money after I'm gone. I don't trust the lot of them.

Moral of the story - don't buy any cylinder that has a company's name stamped or embossed into it.   Smiley-gen163
Willie
Thanks given by: