Index 40H
(09-10-2019, 06:07 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: Harley's are suppose to vibrate.  That's part of their "charm". And also be LOUD!!!!!!! Rotfl

Well they succeeded. I don't why they bothered putting mirrors on it. I couldn't see a thing behind me anytime it was running. Everything was just a blur from them shaking constantly. Mind you I'm not knocking ALL Harley's... they just didn't believe in using any engine dampers on the Sportster's I guess. Rolleyes
Willie
Thanks given by:
In the late 70's I was a UPS delivery driver. One of the delivery stops was the local Harley dealer. Having owned a number of bikes ... anywhere from a 50cc Cub to the 750 Four, several Ducati's and a Bridgestone mixed in there for good measure ... I was fascinated by fact that each of the Harley's in the showroom had a baking sheet pan under it to catch the oil.

Knowing that the "Positive Loss Oil System" technology had been abandon by all bike manufacturers many years earlier I could only wonder why people actually bought them.
Thanks given by:
That's about the time a bicycle manufacturer (AMF) owned Harley.  I worked for Cleveland Steel Products and we made axle lock nuts for them that were poorly made to say the least.  It's also about the time Harley almost went under and for good reason.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2019, 04:23 PM)arvidj Wrote: Knowing that the "Positive Loss Oil System" technology had been abandon by all bike manufacturers many years earlier I could only wonder why people actually bought them.

I'm guessing you never owned a cough.. cough.. Triumph then? Rotfl

Yes Harley shared traits similar to Chinook helicopters affectionately referred to by ground crews as 'the flying hydraulic leak'. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Got the new motor installed, both VFDs, checked out the table feed and it works well.  I'm going to make a panel for it to put the speed and direction controls in a more handy location, have two Cutler-Hammer switches en route, 10K pots and knobs I have.  

The scales for the DRO should be here this week.  Then I'll be making a new motor plate, the plate on it now is far from perfect, it's even far from good, it's even far from ok, it just works... for now.

Here's how it looks currently...

[Image: mill-done1.jpg]
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Wasting NO time on this one! Thumbsup

Love the sign on the door too. Smile
Willie
Thanks given by:
The sign is for when I'm upstairs and can't hear somone tapping on the door. It's hard enough hearing a knock when I'm 15 feet away!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: