Part support while milling
I would post some photos but I don't see how to do that.
A little help with that?
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2019, 12:44 PM)Paulc Wrote: I would post some photos but I don't see how to do that.
A little help with that?

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=1006

Not my thread, but it's quite useful
Thanks given by: Highpower
I threatened to add some photos so here they are.
One of my rather messy layout bench with some of the parts that don't require the rotary table

Some other parts laid out that will require the RT:

Finally a sheet from the plans I'm using showing all the assemblies. As you can see there are many that need the RT.

Thanks given by:
You call that messy? You wouldn't be able to see any of that under the pile on my workbench.   Rotfl

Nice job on the layout work Paul. I see you have your cut stock marked to keep track of which part they are for. Smart move, and a good way of keeping things from going sideways. I've gotten half way through machining a part before realizing I picked up the wrong piece of material that was meant for a different part.  Slaphead

Looking forward to seeing the completed build.
Willie
Thanks given by:
You can't see the sides of the blued parts but they have the part numbers marked with a sharpie to keep things straight.
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2019, 10:34 PM)Paulc Wrote: You can't see the sides of the blued parts but they have the part numbers marked with a sharpie to keep things straight.

Left upper corner of your first picture. Big Grin

I saw the highlighted numbers on the print, and then saw the numbers on the side of your cut material. That is why I mentioned it. 6799
Willie
Thanks given by:
Wow! Good eyes!

I'll probably start another thread somewhere for build progress as I get more into this.
Juggling several projects right now including a new intake manifold and larger carb for a Fiat Spider.
Thanks given by:
My bench(es) sound a lot like Willie's. Perhaps if I was a bit more organized I wouldn't machine the wrong side of the part, which I've done too many times.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
If I had more space to put things I would be more organized too. But I have no where else to go but UP eg. stacking things on top of each other. Sad
Willie
Thanks given by:
Yeah... I'm already doing that. What I really need to do with some of this stuff is throw it out!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: