Atlas TH42
Thanks for all your help chaps, glad to say its fixed!

I removed the gearbox assembly from the lathe and had it all in pieces and still couldnt figure out what was wrong until i really tried to twist the gear on the shaft and there was some movement, it felt fixed in my hand but under enough load i managed to twist it, it had been glued in previously by somebody and so it was spinning, there were no holes in the bronze bush for attaching pins, so i had to drill some and make some pins, which i can do now because i have a lathe! haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/h?preview=VID_20...113537.mp4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
DO NOT put a pin through that bronze bushing!!!

The bushing is supposed to be a press fit inside the bore of the gear housing. It is not supposed to come out. The pin should go through the shaft and the gear body only so that the shaft can turn inside the bushing.
Willie
Thanks given by:
The shaft is not one bit, the gear is separate to the shaft rightly or wrongly, it is pinned at the key way end but nothing was holding the opposite gear and it was just turning inside the bronze Bush, so I have already pinned it the same way as the other side. Works just fine!
Thanks given by:
(12-31-2019, 01:43 PM)impman76 Wrote: The shaft is not one bit, the gear is separate to the shaft rightly or wrongly, it is pinned at the key way end but nothing was holding the opposite gear and it was just turning inside the bronze Bush, so I have already pinned it the same way as the other side. Works just fine!

Smiley-signs003
Willie
Thanks given by:
If you zoom into the picture on the key way side of the bronze Bush you'll see a pin through it that was already there, I'm not saying it's right, just how it was, looked factory to me is all
Thanks given by:
You should listen to Highpower as he has tons of experience.
Thanks given by:
*Cough, cough* Is that a subtle way of saying I'm OLD Stan? Chin Rotfl
It's all good. I was just trying to be helpful. It's his machine to do with as he pleases and if he is happy with it that's all that matters.
Willie
Thanks given by: