My week this week! My workshop videos!
Hi all! A week of persistent breakdowns, caused by lack of maintenance, misuse and general daftness on my part! I had a feeling the Fordson radiator was leaking again, and as I was cutting the grass with it it began to overheat slightly, and then the governor failed!! Unfortunately when a Simms vacuum governor fails, the pump suddenly goes flat out and gives the engine as much fuel as it can! So the engine goes to max revs, a huge cloud of black smoke comes out of the exhaust. I grabbed the stop button and when all had come to a halt, started it again with the same result! nothing to do but leave it in the middle of the field and go and order the parts. We got it fixed and fitted the new radiator, but it started on three cylinders,, and sounded a bit rough, but came onto 4 as soon as I drove it and remained on 4 even at tickover. Time will tell if there is any permanent damage, and if there is, I will fix it! Phil

Man who say it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - by hermetic - 06-03-2023, 10:09 AM