My week this week! My workshop videos!
Hi All

A very mixed bag this week, a couple of days of workshop fixes and Fordson major and topper working on the field topping out the regrowth on the bramble patch we cleared earlier this year. The tractor started (just) after a couple of months, and all running fine after my last attempt to blow it up when the water ran low because the rad was leaking and I didn't check the level before I started!! All running sweet, good oil pressure, cool running and no dramas, so I set up a couple of cameras, went back to the tractor, and it wouldn't start! in fact it was totally dead. I jumped it off from the Toro2CV tractor (which ran out of petrol mid charge) and then proceeded to finish the area and took the tractor to a power point and put the charger on it......nothing, ammeter didn't budge, and a test proved the battery to be open circuit! Probably a broken internal link. £166 later we have a new 900 amp one, and boy does she start, although at that price I would expect it to cut the field by itself! I will be back to it Monday, weather permitting, this will probably be the last cut of the season. 
Phil, in lovely late summer East Yorkshire.

Man who say it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - by hermetic - 08-26-2023, 10:17 AM