My week this week! My workshop videos!
Hi Folks What a week!! I get some more Holbrook done, actually quite a lot as the knock off bar was stopping progress, and with that straightened in my makeshift arbor press it all goes back together, well nearly all, as I then move on to the top slide and find a compound bend in the spindle which I get partially straightened out, but ran out of time. The roof was (of course) far worse than expected but I managed to get all the rotten stirling board removed and the framing and trimmers in before I had to cover it up again for two days of storm Babet to hit us! it was wild and very wet, a tree came down on Cottam lane, but luckily not one of ours, and it rained and rained! Ryeslay, our local pest control man came to sort the rat problem out, I had to take part of the ceiling down to gain access, but it all went smoothly, and then on Saturday, 45 minutes before we were due to set of for Beverley hospital for Cath to have an X-ray, and odd popping sound came from the utility room, luckily we were both in the kitchen next door, we checked it out, but saw nothing, then a few minutes later Cath smelled burning, and I shot in there, closely followed by Cath, to see smoke coming from under the machine, and flames underneath!! I dragged it out, switched off the power , Cath turned the water off and I disconnected it, pulled it forward , leaving a pool of burning platic on the floor, and dragged it over the doormat and out into the yard! we doused the plastic with a measuring jug full of water and got another jug full for the machine which was now on its side and burning merrily, when I realised I was standing next to the outside tap with hose attached! and then it was all over! I hope for a quiet week next week! 
Phil, in Babet ravaged East Yorkshire

Man who say it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My week this week! My workshop videos! - by hermetic - 10-22-2023, 11:12 AM