Stop Light For The Bar
My brother and I were at a garage sale and he spotted this stop light he wanted for his outdoor bar. It was in a box of miscellaneous stuff for $1 for the entire box so he bought it. We got it home and all that was inside it were three incandescent Christmas bulbs that were all on as long as there was power on. Seemed like a useless mode for his bar so I told him I could make the lights strobe. Then I decided to get a 4 position rotary switch for strobe, red, amber and green selections.

Strobe = Happy Hour
Red = bar is closed
Amber = last round
Green = bar is open

He liked the idea so I picked up a few Arduino Nanos for cheap to control the lights.
I also picked up some LED automotive replacement lights that I could run at 12VDC along with the appropriate sockets.
I still need to add a power switch which is on its way from Digi-Key.
Wired it all up and wrote the software to control the lights.

It was a fun project and got me back into electronics and programming. I have a ton more electronics projects just waiting so this was a good refresher course for me. After all, I've been retired for a year now.  Thumbsup

Ed

Thanks given by:
With those COB LED's I'll bet that is the brightest traffic light in town! Blink
Willie
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately people in Arizona ignore traffic lights. It's crazy down here. You have to drive extremely defensively. You can't assume that because you have the right of way the other drivers are going to give a sh!t. Yikes

Ed
Thanks given by:
Heh... it's not just Arizona. Happyno
Willie
Thanks given by: