Looking for Ball Turning Plans
(01-07-2020, 03:20 PM)EdK Wrote: I've attached the plans for a ball turner designed by a member from Practical Machinist. He makes his plans freely available. Here's the link to the CAD files and photos.

http://lepton.com/metal/ball_turner.html

Be aware that you'll have to scale it to your lathe. The drawings attached to this post were for my 14x40 lathe.

The other attached file is a different design that I have no clue where it came from since all of these files were acquired 10 years ago. It's just another option for you.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Thanks Ed. 
I definitely like the look of the one that uses the inserts. Don’t know if it’s out of my league or not. I would have to figure out how to cut the dovetails. 
But that’s definitely what I’m looking for!!
Trevor
Lathe - Craftex CX701, Mill - Craftex B30 Mill/Drill, DRO - blu-DRO
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2020, 07:32 PM)Cross Slide Wrote: Thanks Ed. 
I definitely like the look of the one that uses the inserts. Don’t know if it’s out of my league or not. I would have to figure out how to cut the dovetails. 
But that’s definitely what I’m looking for!!
Trevor

Yea, the Holescreek one is considered one of the best ball turners you can find plans for. Don't worry about cutting the dovetails. It's not as scary as you might think. Just post questions on the forum. We have a lot of experienced machinists on this forum that are more than happy to help.

Ed
Thanks given by: