2" x 48" belts
(01-04-2017, 05:45 PM)ieezitin Wrote: John

if you get that belt grinder that will make a smashing HSS tool grinding tool as well. 

I picked up on your other thread about lack of tooling... a very simple made jig for the belt grinder will grind up your tooling looking like it just got finished on a surface grinder. 

Google and Youtube belt sanders and research what people have made and what they do with them pay attention to some designs that allows you to change the grinding position to make them more flexible. 

Im gathering materials right now for which is in essence a miniature belt grinder made with a 4'' Metabo angle grinder its going to be a Linisher for a Flat bed truck im building.. Belt sanders are the Tits..

Anthony.

Thanks Anthony, I was hoping my belt sander would be my do all grinding machine, so what your saying is very reassuring. The one I've just purchased is a used demo machine at a really great price and it looks like the 'Dogs Bollocks.' (my favourite saying from the old country)

I will post a picture and a quick review when it comes which should be by the end of the week, fingers crossed.

Cheers
John
Thanks given by:
John, I think you will like your belt sander. Thumbsup 
I started using one a couple of years ago and it is all I use now.
For me ( and others ) find it a lot easier to use. Smile .
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by:
John..  

Ha ha .. "Bollocks" aint herd that in a while, in the Americas they do not use that Verb, noun or adjective its been estranged from the regular verbiage spoken here.. I love it because it makes conveying your point a lot more colourful. Where in Blighty are you originally from?

I originally hail from London (SE9)

Anthony.
ieezitin, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2017, 06:18 PM)ieezitin Wrote: John..  

Ha ha .. "Bollocks" aint herd that in a while, in the Americas they do not use that Verb, noun or adjective its been estranged from the regular verbiage spoken here.. I love it because it makes conveying your point a lot more colourful. Where in Blighty are you originally from?

I originally hail from London (SE9)

Anthony.

Ah, Sunny Sidcup?

I'm an SW19 lad myself. How long you been this side of the pond?
Thanks given by:
John,

I am from Eltham.. Been here in the US for 27 years got off the plane in 1990.. just had the erge to go walk about back then, landed in Wilmington Delaware branched out from there, worked in 30 odd states as a Nomad welder eventually settled in Maryland on the Chesapeake bay.

Ahhh..SW19.... uncle Bulgaria.. a Womble ... I drove through there about a month ago it's changed brother the whole country has changed from my point of view..

Anthony..
ieezitin, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2017, 07:19 PM)ieezitin Wrote: John,

I am from Eltham.. Been here in the US for 27 years got off the plane in 1990.. just had the erge to go walk about back then, landed in Wilmington Delaware branched out from there, worked in 30 odd states as a Nomad welder eventually settled in Maryland on the Chesapeake bay.

Ahhh..SW19.... uncle Bulgaria.. a Womble ... I drove through there about a month ago it's changed brother the whole country has changed from my point of view..

Anthony..

Got a great story about Maryland when I was on walk about, but I'll save that for another time.

I'm going back to old country in May for a wedding, haven't been back in over 5 years so it should be interesting to see all the changes.

Cheers
John
Thanks given by:
I don't think they've been mentioned yet, but I order through Red Label Abrasives. They're a family-owned US company and they can custom-manufacture belts to be any size if you reach out to them. I've found the belt quality to be pretty good.
Thanks given by: