Looking for Ball Turning Plans
I’m trying to find a decent set of plans for a Ball Turning Fixture that I could build to suit my lathe. 
I have not had much luck finding a set of plans on the internet. I thought I would try here to see if anyone knows of a set or has a set of plans. 
Thanks
Trevor
Lathe - Craftex CX701, Mill - Craftex B30 Mill/Drill, DRO - blu-DRO
Thanks given by:
There are several plans available.  I intend to build one that utilizes my boring head making it much easier and quicker to build.
Thanks given by:
I built the one from plans provided on HMEM, I believe. It is the one that has a round base, and mounts to the cross slide.

After further searching, it is the Steve Bedair design from http://bedair.org/Ball/ball.html

Works very well, I just don't use it much.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
I have a number of plans that I can upload. I'll do it this afternoon when I have some time.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2020, 09:55 AM)rleete Wrote: I built the one from plans provided on HMEM, I believe.  It is the one that has a round base, and mounts to the cross slide.

After further searching, it is the Steve Bedair design from http://bedair.org/Ball/ball.html

Works very well, I just don't use it much.

Thanks for the info
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2020, 10:54 AM)EdK Wrote: I have a number of plans that I can upload. I'll do it this afternoon when I have some time.

Ed

That would be awesome Ed.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2020, 07:06 PM)Cross Slide Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 10:54 AM)EdK Wrote: I have a number of plans that I can upload. I'll do it this afternoon when I have some time.

Ed

That would be awesome Ed.

Sorry, I didn't have time to get the plans uploaded today but will tomorrow. It'll be a less busy day for me.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Cross Slide,

Note that since Ed retired he does not have time to do anything  Rotfl

Arvid
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2020, 02:21 PM)arvidj Wrote: Cross Slide,

Note that since Ed retired he does not have time to do anything  Rotfl

Arvid

Funny how that is. 17428

I'm busier now than when I wasn't retired. I must be doing something wrong. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
I've attached the plans for a ball turner designed by a member from Practical Machinist. He makes his plans freely available. Here's the link to the CAD files and photos.

http://lepton.com/metal/ball_turner.html

Be aware that you'll have to scale it to your lathe. The drawings attached to this post were for my 14x40 lathe.

The other attached file is a different design that I have no clue where it came from since all of these files were acquired 10 years ago. It's just another option for you.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Attached Files
.pdf   Holescreek Ball Turner.pdf (Size: 105.58 KB / Downloads: 14)
.pdf   Ball_Turning_Toolpost_-_Complete.pdf (Size: 225.41 KB / Downloads: 14)
Thanks given by: Vinny