What do you build when you have too much time?
you could put sirens and strobes on him so that when someone breaks in he can chase them around with lights and sirens going saying I have called the police please leave.................

nice job. I don't think that they will ever totally mimic the human body in a mechanical format, way too hard as you said the the eye hand thing.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Eye hand co-ordination can't be all that important, I've survived 66 yrs. without any.Big Grin
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2012, 06:15 AM)stevec Wrote: Eye hand co-ordination can't be all that important, I've survived 66 yrs. without any.Big Grin

Good one Steve. Rotfl

Ed
Thanks given by:
Hi
Henry
Just finished reading your robot threadDroolDrool
A bit of video would be great
John
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2012, 04:49 PM)doubleboost Wrote: Hi
Henry
Just finished reading your robot threadDroolDrool
A bit of video would be great
John

Thanks. I'll put a video together over the weekend.
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
(05-18-2012, 06:28 AM)rleete Wrote: I believe the OP should send us all samples, so we may judge it's suitability and functionality.

2 pounds each should do it...

2 pounds each is no problem, however the health department won't allow me to "send" it, so everyone must show up in person to get their sample! Now if I can only find time to get home to cook, much less find suitable meats.
Thanks given by:
The funny thing about robotics and people's perception of robotics is that the two have never really been aligned at all.

Everyone wants a Robot that does the washing, cooks dinner and chops wood, and for the past seventy years Hollywood has been promising just that.

What we get instead is a computerised washing machine, factory produced "ready meals" and processed compressed wood logs.

These things are what real world robotics R and D has come up with. Purpose built single function machines rather than a multipurpose human replacement,

Just as well too, if you think about how ruthlessly business throws away people when a new more efficient machine is invented, imagine what would happen if a true "Hollywood" robot became available. Who would need us?

So please leave Leaf arm and legless Rotfl Rotfl

Best Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by: