Clamp type knurling tool question.
I'm trying to figure out what a 'center' (scissors type) knurling tool looks like. I've seen plenty of the cheap clamp type(?) knurling tools that have the shank coming straight out the back centered with the knurls, but can't seem to find a picture of the scissors type. ALL the listings I've seen show the same picture of a RH shank no matter what, even if the descriptions say it's a center or LH tool. I've been trying to find pictures of each to see the actual difference between them but coming up empty. And that just drives me (more) nuts!  Big Grin

As far as LH v. RH... if you just move the shank to the other side of the scissors (or simply turn the tool upside down in the holder) what is the difference? Why make separate tools (LH/RH)?

Update: I gave up on trying to get a look at a center shank version of one of these tools. Even though the company lists them in their product sheets I couldn't find one distributor that offers center or LH shanks in their own catalogs for a manual machine. Only RH tools. Oh well. I hope it works out.
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Clamp type knurling tool question. - by Highpower - 01-27-2020, 05:06 AM
RE: Clamp type knurling tool question. - by TomG - 01-27-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: Clamp type knurling tool question. - by Highpower - 01-27-2020, 02:54 PM