Project 2 Meter Quarter Wave Antenna
I finally got around to making a better antenna for my Beofang handheld radio. Made it per this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkmD3Sgz7Q0

Got it all done and realized I didn't have a cable to hook it up to the radio.  Bash
I ordered one from Amazon which will be here Monday.

Ed

Thanks given by:
I have made one like that, but instead of bolting it I soldered it.
Patrick
Thanks given by:
Looking good Ed! As to the coax, I like to keep an extra couple of feet on hand...

[Image: coax.jpg]
Logan 200, Clarke 7x12, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, ...
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2020, 08:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Looking good Ed!   As to the coax, I like to keep an extra couple of feet on hand...

[Image: coax.jpg]

Rotfl  Rotfl  Rotfl

That stuff ain't cheap!

Ed
Thanks given by:
Actually it's not bad. LMR-400, 500' spool, $238 with free shipping (current price). I waited months before buying it since I knew a number of people that already bought it. After a few months their opinion of it was the same as when they first got it, they all said to buy it. Some of them have purchased another spool or two - which, IMO, is an even better review.
Logan 200, Clarke 7x12, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, ...
Thanks given by: EdK
(03-14-2020, 10:29 PM)Vinny Wrote: Actually it's not bad.  LMR-400, 500' spool, $238 with free shipping (current price).   I waited months before buying it since I knew a number of people that already bought it.  After a few months their opinion of it was the same as when they first got it, they all said to buy it.  Some of them have purchased another spool or two - which, IMO, is an even better review.

Where did you buy it from? Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Low Loss 400 Coax 500' foot Spool reel RFC400 Cinta400 LMR-400 LMR400 Shireen

https://www.ebay.com/itm/251241104272
Thanks given by: EdK