Counterbores - what are you using?
What, you lost two already? Big Grin 

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Highpower Wrote: I've never heard of Alvord-Polk before but they look decent.

They've been in business since 1881. Good to see these old companies that make good products surviving. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by: Highpower
I'd check with Shars before ordering from McMaster, Amazon, etc.
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2020, 11:37 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: I'd check with Shars before ordering from McMaster, Amazon, etc.

Why? 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2020, 10:10 AM)TomG Wrote: What, you lost two already? Big Grin 

Tom

Rotfl

What doesn't come with empty spots in a case these days? They know there are enough number of people with OCD that will just HAVE to buy more to fill in the vacant spaces. Dumb like a fox.

Another problem with buying tools in a set. "They" get to pick the sizes they want to put into the set. Socket and wrench sets are bad for this too. Include a dozen odd sizes that nobody will ever use, and leave out the common ones that are always needed just to make you buy them separately.
I have all kinds of pristine 11mm, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm wrenches and sockets that have never been touched. Same with odd fractional size *cough, Craftsman, cough* wrenches and sockets too.

But maybe I should pick up that missing 1mm and 2mm counter bore though because... reasons... Big Grin Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2020, 11:37 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: I'd check with Shars before ordering from McMaster, Amazon, etc.

I always check several places and offerings before ordering anything anymore.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2020, 12:11 PM)EdK Wrote:

Why?  17428

Ed

I've found it to be a good source of tooling at prices better than McMaster, Amazon, etc.  The low end offerings at McMaster, etc are Chinese as are most of the items at Shars.  Shars has also started carrying better quality USA made items.  They seem to be following a business model similar to the one at Harbor Freight.
Thanks given by: EdK
I got the 6" 3 Jaw for my lathe from Shars. Japanese made, not Chinese. The cap screws that hold the jaws in were prolly Chinese made tho, they were crap and got replaced.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I got the set of Imperial KEO cutters I ordered from Amazon too. I think they are made in Great Britain. I don't the how or why, but they were listed at 50% less than what everybody else is selling them for. I'm just glad I jumped on them when I did because now they show them as out of stock and back to the normal price.

Willie
Thanks given by: