$100.00
[Image: 00g0g_6Ph0jCZQon1_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg]

Manufactured by: Perfex Gauge & Tool Co. Mt. Clemens, MI. USA. In very good working condition. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice grab! Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
I will plead ignorance and ask "What is it and how does it work? "
Thanks given by:
It's for truing the abrasive wheel on a surface grinder. You can set it up for level, angled or accurate curves on the wheel. I found one (a bit bigger) at my favourite junkers some years ago.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by: arvidj
I found it on the Evansville IN Craig's List for sale by a retired industrial electrician who does a bit of machining.  He really didn't know what he had.  He does have a nice 1938 Cincinnati Toolmaker mill.

The Harig brand versions are $3800 and $7300 new.  On FleaBay they are going for $500 to $600 each.
Thanks given by:
That's a brilliant score for a hundred bucks. I've seen a few go at auctions for many times that much. The thing that looks a bit like a tailstock- I assume that is a height setting gauge?
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2020, 11:45 PM)Pete O Wrote: That's a brilliant score for a hundred bucks. I've seen a few go at auctions for many times that much. The thing that looks a bit like a tailstock- I assume that is a height setting gauge?

The height setting gauge is the part on the left hand side of the pic.  It will put the tip of the diamond on the center line of the dresser.
Thanks given by: