The misadventures of a Wells-Index 860C
Time for an update.

I got the mill positioned to where I want it using pipes and brute force.

[Image: wim009.jpg]

[Image: wim010.jpg]

I have replaced the fubar "X" power feed with a rebuilt unit from Wells-Index and have purchased a Kurt D688 vise for it.

[Image: kurtd68802.JPG]

Right now I'm working of getting power to it. I light bulb went off somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind as I thought to check the power panels in the equipment room of my office building. FYI - My "shop" is in a set of garages across the parking lot from my office building and power is fed to my stall from the office. Turned out that all the motors for the building HVAC are all 3-phase. Better yet, the panel in the equipment room that feeds my "shop" is a 3-phase panel but was only sending the single phase out to the garage. Hopefully, tomorrow (Sunday) I'll get an extra wire pulled through the conduit and be a step closer to having power. It should prove to be interesting as I've never pulled 170' of #3 awg through a conduit before. Blush First time for everything, right? Big Grin

I'll let you know how it comes out.

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The misadventures of a Wells-Index 860C - by ScrapMetal - 06-10-2012, 02:07 AM