boom box
I bought one of the ubiquitous boom boxes for my shop and I'm disappointed in the performance of the radio.  CD player is just fine, but I cannot receive the same number of radio stations as I can in the house or in my PU.

Does anyone know of a replacement antenna or whatever I can use to increase its ability to tune in stations?  The other option is to take it with me the next time I go to the range and sight in my 30/30.
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2020, 09:29 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: I bought one of the ubiquitous boom boxes for my shop and I'm disappointed in the performance of the radio.  CD player is just fine, but I cannot receive the same number of radio stations as I can in the house or in my PU.

Does anyone know of a replacement antenna or whatever I can use to increase its ability to tune in stations?  The other option is to take it with me the next time I go to the range and sight in my 30/30.

Does it currently have an antenna wire that's accessible? A lot of them are built into the power cord and not accessible.
If it's accessible then just extend its length.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Brand and model# of said box?
Willie
Thanks given by:
If you can get to the antenna leads, one of those 300 ohm T-shaped dipole antennas will work wonders.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Personally I'd be interested in the results of sighting in the 30-30 Rotfl Rotfl

Harold
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2020, 05:39 PM)haroldmulder Wrote: Personally I'd be interested in the results of sighting in the 30-30 Rotfl Rotfl

Harold

I have a cannon that would bring an even more spectacular demise to it, but Kentucky is too far to drive. Big Grin 

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2020, 06:00 PM)TomG Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 05:39 PM)haroldmulder Wrote: Personally I'd be interested in the results of sighting in the 30-30 Rotfl Rotfl

Harold

I have a cannon that would bring an even more spectacular demise to it, but Kentucky is too far to drive. Big Grin 

Tom

I could mail it to you and then you could post video.
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2020, 04:13 PM)TomG Wrote: If you can get to the antenna leads, one of those 300 ohm T-shaped dipole antennas will work wonders.

Tom

I'll have to open it up to see what I can access.
Thanks given by: