Help Printing Problem
Just don't leave it in a hot car!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(07-29-2020, 09:38 PM)Vinny Wrote: Just don't leave it in a hot car!

Would PETG or ABS survive a hot car?
Thanks given by:

It's going in a dresser drawer so won't see too much heat, at least for Arizona.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(07-29-2020, 09:57 PM)arvidj Wrote:

Would PETG or ABS survive a hot car?

I've never done anything with PETG, but I know ABS is ok. I've seen pics of PLA printed items that were left on the seat of a car for just an hour or so that no longer looked the same! I switched my filament printing to ABS after that. I have a sampler pack of filament from MicroMark that they no longer sell. It has PETG, and some others including wood and iron, and they say the iron will even rust, also the wood can be sanded and stained.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by: EdK
Got'r done!  Thumbsup

Ed

Thanks given by:
It looked so much bigger before there was something to reference it! Looks good!!
Thanks given by: EdK
Just to close this out, the printer did a good job of printing what I needed.  Thumbsup

Ed

Thanks given by:
Ed, what are you using as your CAD tool? And then what is the work flow?

Thanks,
Arvid
Thanks given by:
Arvid,

I always draw my projects using Solid Edge 2D to get the dimensions down. Then I use FreeCAD to create the model and export it as an STL file.

Ed
Thanks given by: arvidj