Warco WM30 Mill Drill
Hello
I’ve been offered a WM30 Mill Drill but I don’t know much about it. Has anyone come across it with any views to share? I was looking for something like a Warco VMC  machine but this has come up and I wondered whether it should be considered. Any views thanks.
Thanks given by:
Well it would probably be better than nothing, but do not expect to make high tolerance parts with it. If it's free or close to free it may be worth having until you can acquire a real milling machine like the Warco.
Thanks given by:
Dr Stan. I suspected as much - very many thanks for the advice.
Regards
Tallbloke
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2020, 02:47 PM)Tallbloke Wrote: Dr Stan. I suspected as much - very many thanks for the advice.
Regards
Tallbloke

You can't go wrong with free, unless you have to pay to get it delivered.  Worst case scenario, you may be able to part it out to make some money towards a better mill.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum MaturePatriot!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2020, 11:01 PM)MaturePatriot Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 02:47 PM)Tallbloke Wrote: Dr Stan. I suspected as much - very many thanks for the advice.
Regards
Tallbloke

You can't go wrong with free, unless you have to pay to get it delivered.  Worst case scenario, you may be able to part it out to make some money towards a better mill.

Welcome to the forum Vernon. I recognized the name from a lot of YouTube comments sections. Hope you are holding up well. Smiley-signs046
Willie
Thanks given by:
Regards
Tallbloke

Do you have something like Craig's List or Search Tempest in your neck of the woods?  Those are good sites to search on this side of the pond.  Of course there's always Flea Bay I mean EBay and FB Marketplace.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Dr Stan - I shall surf all these sites for the right machine - I'm a bit restricted by no fork lift access, two narrow doorways and single phase only - but something will come up in due course. Thanks for your help.
Thanks given by:
Beware these things are addictive, I started my workshop (8x6 shed) with a Warco mill/drill and now I have a couple of thousand square foot of machine tools.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
24 X 48 X 12ft shop.  14X30 Logan lathe.  Fray vertical milling machine.  Italian horizontal mill with a 12 X 51 table.  9 ft Cincinnati planner.  6 X 12 surface grinder.  Circa 1900 horizontal hacksaw.  Shop built horizontal bandsaw.  14" Rockwell vertical metal/wood bandsaw. Rockwell radial arm drill press.  Rockwell 9 X 48 belt sander with a 12" disk sander.  10" table saw.  12" compound miter saw.  1500# capacity fork lift.  2 post car lift.  Multiple tool chests.  More hand tools and precision measuring tools than I can count.  Ditto for hand power tools.  Bench full of grinders, small belt sander, etc.  Miller 180 MIG.  Big honking Airco 250 amp AC DC fwd/rev stick welder.  Parts needed to convert Airco to a TIG.  Oxy/fuel welding rig.  Large industrial sand blaster.  Champion 120 gallon 5 hp 2 stage air compressor.  More material handling equipment than you can shake a stick at starting with an engine hoist, lift table, multiple chain hoists, come alongs, dollys, etc.

Friend of mine who retired as a HR manager in manufacturing thinks I have $100,000 worth of tools and equipment.  Probably right as I've never added it all up.
Thanks given by: