Aew Viceroy Horizontal Universal Mill
Hi All
 Obviously new to this forum but was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction I have an AEW Viceroy Horizon universal mill, the issue is that the two identical sized cast iron spindal head drive gears are well passed there sell by date and I would like to renew them, but are these still available I am  also exploring making some gears but have never attempted gear cutting before, therefore I'm looking at all avenues any help greatly appreciated regards Stephen
Thanks given by:
Welcome

Hello Stephen, welcome to the forum! John Mills (doubleboost) has a number of gear cutting videos that you may find helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/c/doubleboost/se...%20cutting
Willie
Thanks given by:
Cheers Willie
Will check them out thank you
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum, Stephen!!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Another option is to order gear blanks from Boston Gear.  While I've cut multiple spur gears and gear racks it was way cheaper to buy the blanks and bore/drill & ream them rather than buying the gear cutters.  Your local industrial supply house should be able to order the gears or you can also go to Boston Gear online.
Thanks given by:
Going to have a go making some from scratch bought some new old stock gear cutters off eBay and going to set it up on my bench top horizontal mill but one or two bits and pieces to fab first to hold gear blanks once cut on the lathe nothing ventured nothing gained regards Stephen
Thanks given by:
Pictures are welcome AND encouraged. Thumbsup
Willie
Thanks given by:
(11-25-2020, 03:50 PM)Stellaghost Wrote: Going to have a go making some from scratch bought some new old stock gear cutters off eBay and going to set it up on my bench top horizontal mill but one or two bits and pieces to fab first to hold gear blanks once cut on the lathe nothing ventured nothing gained regards Stephen

You may want to download the Machinery Repairman 3&2 as it has an excellent section on gear cutting and many other manual machining operations.  It was the manual used by Machinery Repairmen (machinists) while I was in the Navy.  Easy to find online using a search engine of your choice or just try this one: https://archive.org/details/machineryrepairm003995mbp
Thanks given by:
Sorry guys
How do you post pictures / attachments eff regards Stephen
Thanks given by:
Here's a quick tutorial on how to post pictures and files.

Posting Attachments

Ed
Thanks given by: