Pulley
Here is another one wacked from s 5x5x2" thick piece of steel...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
[attachment=1743]
This is a 2 step pulley that Bob Wright who goes by AAMetealmaster from Salem , Ohio made for me it's steel instead of the weak zemack thanks. Here's a short youtube video of it in action. Thats the pulley he made for me in his pics.

Thanks Bob Smiley-signs107

http://youtu.be/EvGzIH8Mun4

if you need a pulley he's the man to see.
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
Bob,

Do you ever have any issues with the balance of the pulley's you make? I just happen to think of it when I saw the balancing holes in the cast pully for which you created a replacement.

Arvid
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2012, 10:17 AM)arvidj Wrote: Bob,

Do you ever have any issues with the balance of the pulley's you make? I just happen to think of it when I saw the balancing holes in the cast pully for which you created a replacement.

Arvid
And Thanks Bob for the video...
A solid steel pulley shouldn't need balanced as it is turned on a mandrel on centers. The keyway shouldn't be an issue either because the key fills most of that void. The only other void is the deep setscrew hole because most of it is still hollow. Now if it was running 25,000 rpm it might be an issue...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Bob,
Good one, always nice to see ones efforts working flawlessly Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2012, 04:24 PM)aametalmaster Wrote:

Do you ever have any issues with the balance of the pulley's you make? I just happen to think of it when I saw the balancing holes in the cast pulley for which you created a replacement.

Arvid
And Thanks Bob for the video...
A solid steel pulley shouldn't need balanced as it is turned on a mandrel on centers. The key way shouldn't be an issue either because the key fills most of that void. The only other void is the deep setscrew hole because most of it is still hollow. Now if it was running 25,000 rpm it might be an issue...Bob

Well you know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words but a video sells the product. Again a big thank you to aametalmaster .
Thanks given by:
Bob,

I'll contact you off list to request a pulley I need for my lathe.

Ed
Thanks given by:

Arvid

Cast Pulleys are not often very true straight out of the mould, which is why balancing is often required, the castings suffer from any number of defects from "Core shift" to "porosity" and shrinkage in various forms, where anything machined from billet is unlikely to be affected in these ways, so, no need to balance.

Best Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by: